Take action to help vultures:
We are working towards making a dedicated vulture-specific raptor center a reality and you can be one of our founding members!
Educate yourself about vultures, and become an advocate! Spread the word about these unsung heros of the natural world and their importance.
Stay up to date on vulture news and look out for actionable items, like supporting vulture protection laws.
Donate Directly Via Paypal by clicking the banner above. Foxloft Conservancy is a 501(c)3 charitable organization and your support is tax deductible. Please note or email us your mailing address if you donate so we can send a thank you card!
You can also donate easily and directly through the GiveMN.org non-profit page: https://www.givemn.org/donate/Foxloft-Conservancy
Donations are greatly appreciated and allow us to expand and continue our work. Contributions support our educational outreach programs and wildlife rehabilitation efforts.
If your employer offers a payroll deduction or matching donation program, our information is: EIN: 86-1913922 Name: Foxloft Conservancy Address: 202 N CEDAR AVE SUITE 1 Owatonna MN 55060-2306
Help us outfit our new wildlife rehabilitation hospital and education bird buildings with a donation above or through Our Amazon Wishlist (Wildlife Rehabilitation Items)
Join our Patreon! Wildlife Rehabilitation is done on a completely volunteer basis, it is not a paid position. We receive no aid from the government and do not charge anything for our services. Training, veterinary care, supplies, food, time, and all expenses are out of pocket, and can be quite extensive. By becoming a patron, you will directly support our work and get a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like to work in wildlife rehabilitation and conservation!
Shop: The Vulture Conservancy is self-funded by Foxfeather and her business Foxloft Studios – purchases there directly support our work.
Needed Item Donations:
- Gift Certificates to Rodent Pro (for raptor food) to feed our education birds and wildlife rehab patients – made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gift Certificates to Mike Dupuy Hawk Food for food and supplies
If you’re local to South-Eastern Minnesota:
- Paper Towels (we go through so, so many paper towels)
- Bath Towels (smooth fibers, without loops that claws could get caught in)
- Miter saw that can handle 4x4s (or preferably 6x6s) – for cage building
- Reptarium soft screen enclosures
If you would like to help vultures yourself, here’s a few ideas how:
- If you hunt, please switch to non-lead ammunition, and encourage others to do so. It takes only a tiny amount of lead to lethally poison a vulture (and many other raptors), something completely avoidable with alternatives. If you fish, use non-lead weights, and remove equipment from the environment after use.
- Slow down near birds on the road and (using gloves or protection) move roadkill off the side if you can safely do so.
- Support environmental groups and legislation that encourages better controls of toxic and hazardous chemicals such as pesticides.
- Encourage your local power company to increase visibility of power-lines so they can be avoided by raptors, and support bird-safe research on wind energy solutions.
- Support zoos and organizations that have vulture captive breeding programs, offer rehabilitation, or conduct research. They are often the front lines for conservation efforts worldwide.
- Help spread the word about how interesting, important, and special vultures are to increase awareness and get others to join in the efforts!
Donate to another Vulture Conservation organization: